May 23, 2024  
2012 - 2013 Graduate Catalog 
2012 - 2013 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Campus Life

Numerous cultural and educational activities are offered each year. Music, dance and theatre presentations enable students to attend, as well as participate in, various productions during the year. A full schedule of art exhibits is arranged and presented by the Radford University Art Museum. An all-campus student calendar at provides students with up-to-date information on the upcoming major programs, theater, music and/or meeting times for clubs or organizations in which they are interested.

Department of Student Activities

Students are encouraged to develop social, cultural and creative interests and awareness by actively participating in all aspects of campus life.

The Department of Student Activities provides students with diverse out-of-the-classroom experiences including intramurals, aerobics, sports clubs, RU Outdoors programs, Hurlburt Student Center Game Room, Radford Student Programming and Campus Events (R-SPaCE), Greek Life, 230+ clubs and organizations, student media, a leadership library and training, LEAD 110 and student employment opportunities. For further information check out the website at, call (540) 831-5332 or stop by the main office Room 226 in the Hurlburt Student Center.

Recreational Activities

The Dedmon Center, an athletic and convocation complex located across U.S. Route 11 (East Main Street) from the main campus, houses an arena with an eight-lane swimming pool, and a 1/6 mile jogging track that are available for student use during scheduled hours.

Outdoor facilities at the center include a jogging trail, 12 tennis courts, and the Patrick D. Cupp Memorial Stadium.

The stadium houses an eight-lane track and field surface, a soccer field, locker rooms, a press box, coaches’ offices and a concession area.

Peters Hall, located in the heart of the main campus, provides students the opportunities to take part in aerobics classes, intramurals, a climbing wall, fitness center and open gym times.

Muse Hall Fitness Center located on the main level offers a variety of cardio workouts with treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and stair-climbers and strength training with Nautilus single station machines.

Muse Weight Room located off of parking lot B offers students free weight lifting opportunities with dumbbells, squat racks and benches. Leg machines, cable crossover, bike, rowing machine and stair-climber provide the equipment for a full-body workout.

Hurlburt Student Center includes a welcome and information center, student lounges, a computer lounge, a game room with bowling and billiards, a food court, meeting rooms, a 250-seat auditorium, Department of Student Activities Offices, Greek Life Office, Student Government Office, R-SPaCE Programming Office, the Student Leader Resources Office and more.

Intercollegiate Athletics

Radford University, a NCAA Division I member, currently participates in 19 varsity sports, 11 for women and eight for men. The sports include: men’s baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, women’s field hockey, men’s and women’s golf, women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s outdoor track, men’s and women’s indoor track, women’s softball, men’s and women’s tennis and women’s volleyball. The university offers athletic scholarship aid in all sports.

Sports Clubs

Sports clubs highlight the leadership skills and athletic talents of the RU student body. The Sports Club Program is designed to serve individual interests in different sports and recreation activities. The activities that the club sport teams provide range from very competitive to recreational and instructional. Currently there are 21 chartered sports clubs at RU. They include ice hockey, men’s and women’s lacrosse, men’s rugby, equestrian team, men’s and women’s ultimate frisbee, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s volleyball, women’s softball, men’s baseball, men’s basketball, football, skeet and trap, billiards, wrestling, fishing, women’s basketball and bowling.


Intramurals are for everyone. A variety of individual and team sports/activities are planned, ranging from league competition to more informal tournaments and one-day events that are intended to appeal to the varied interests of the RU community. Past intramurals have included dodge ball, sand volleyball, ping pong, flag football, softball, wallyball, billiards, soccer, basketball, frisbee, home run derby and many card tournaments. For more information, go to the Campus Recreation Office in the Hurlburt Student Center, Room 121.

RU Outdoors

RU Outdoors is the adventure programming component of campus recreation that provides outdoor adventures, promotes healthy self-discovery, emphasizes respect and awareness for the natural resources and unlocks student leadership potential. Trips include hiking, backpacking, paddling, caving, mountain biking and climbing. All skill levels are accepted. For a low fee, instruction, technical equipment and transportation are provided. Students can even rent equipment for their own outdoor adventure. The Campus Recreation Office is located in the Hurlburt Student Center, Room 121.

Student Resources

Office for Academic Engagement and Community Partnerships

The former Experiential Learning Office was recently renamed to reflect an increasing emphasis at Radford University on ways that all Radford University faculty and students can engage in real world work and project experiences that provide practical experiences and accomplishments for students. Focused on the development of immersion internship experiences and community based learning, the office can assist students and faculty who seek local, state, national or international internship experiences. A highlight of the office is the Highlanders in Action Internships that are available both fall and spring semester for three or six credit hours. Students work in teams with community partners on projects related to one of five issues: environment/sustainability; social justice/diversity; health/wellness; arts/culture and economic/urban development. The office is located on the second floor of Walker Hall and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. For additional information, visit

Career Services

Career Services is located on the first floor of Walker Hall. Services include individual and group assistance with career assessments and planning, career information, job-search process, resumé preparation, interview skills and the transition from college to employment. In addition, the center manages an online virtual job/internship database and a resumé development site. The on-campus recruitment program affords students the opportunity to interview with profit and nonprofit organizations throughout the academic year.

The center is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (including the lunch hour) during the academic year.

For additional information, visit the center’s website at

Learning Assistance and Resource Center

The Learning Assistance and Resource Center (LARC), located on the first floor of Walker Hall, is an all-inclusive academic support service open to the entire Radford University community and maintains Level 3 Certification status by the international College Reading and Learning Association. Students may make appointments for free tutoring in many subjects, such as math, statistics and science. Graduate and undergraduate English majors, who have experience as peer readers, work with students on writing assignments for all disciplines. Students can also receive assistance in basic study and test-taking strategies. The LARC tutoring staff, which includes undergraduate and graduate students, as well as professional tutors, receives extensive training. Inspired by a holistic approach to tutoring, tutors are trained to make referrals if they detect other issues at play in students’ lives. For more information, call the LARC at (540) 831-7704 or visit the LARC web site at

Off-Campus/Commuter Student Services

The Dean of Students Office and SGA Off-Campus Student Council (OCSC) coordinate services for off-campus/commuter students. Check the OCSC website at or the off-campus student services website at for additional information.

The following is a list of some of the services provided for off-campus students: Radford-area housing provider list, renters insurance information, the Housing Fair, liaison relationship with landlords and the community, educational opportunities and information about living off-campus, and a roommate matching board in the Dean of Students Office. Lounges are located in the Bonnie Hurlburt Student Center and Heth Hall for relaxation or study. In addition to the Bonnie and Heth lounges, other areas, which provide for study and relaxation, are located in the library. Meal plan options are available for off-campus students. For information about the plans, contact the RU Express Office at (540) 831-5054.


Students may park motor vehicles, motorcycles and motorbikes in university parking lots if they have obtained a parking permit from the Parking Services Office located in Heth Hall. To purchase a parking permit, students must submit proof of ownership (by the student or a member of the student’s immediate family) and personal identification. The registration of a vehicle does not assure the registrant of a parking space. Overflow parking is available for all students at the Dedmon Center and the baseball field parking area. Detailed information regarding parking and traffic regulations may be obtained at the Parking Services Office in Heth Hall or at the University Police Department in the Allen Building.

Housing and Residential Life

Radford University has 15 residence halls offering a variety of living options and themes for all student classifications, all are within walking distance of academic buildings, campus activities and downtown Radford. Residence Halls are furnished with a TV room, vending machines, kitchen, laundry room, recycling area and study lounge. Unless otherwise specified, halls are coed by suite with two rooms sharing one bathroom. See the Boarding Policy in the Standards of Student Conduct for more information.

Off-Campus Housing

A substantial number of rooms and apartments for rent are available in the immediate vicinity of the campus for students who have met the requirements of the university boarding policy as outlined in the Standards of Student Conduct. The university also owns and operates apartments near campus. Students living off campus may purchase meal plans and are encouraged to eat in the university dining halls. Several meal plans are available to off-campus students. (See Dining Services below  below.)

University-Owned Apartments

The university owns and operates one apartment facility. Information can be obtained from the Office of Housing and Residential Life at (540) 831-5375.

Center for Diversity and Inclusion

Various services and programs for underrepresented students at Radford University are coordinated by the Center for Diversity and Inclusion in conjunction with other departments. During various activities each semester, incoming students are introduced to upperclassmen, faculty and staff, and are encouraged to become involved in campus life.

The Black Student Affairs Council, which is affiliated with the Student Government Association, addresses African-American and minority student concerns and interests, helps coordinate activities sponsored by African-American student organizations and seeks to unite all students at the university.

The Diversity Awareness Programming Board, which is affiliated with the both the Center for Diversity and Inclusion and Department of Student Activities, is designed to promote multicultural issues, heritage, and achievements through programming and other activities. Eight historically black Greek letter organizations, which are affiliated with the Department of Student Activities, complement social and service opportunities on campus. The fraternities are Alpha Phi Alpha, Kappa Alpha Psi, Phi Beta Sigma and Omega Psi Phi. The sororities are Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, Sigma Gamma Rho and Zeta Phi Beta.

The National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations, Inc., which is also affiliated with the Department of Student Activities, is the newest council of Greek Life. This council governs the Latino fraternal organizations on campus. Chi Upsilon Sigma is currently formed at Radford University.

RU’s Campus Ministers Association, RUCMA, is the organization for the campus ministers or faculty advisors of the student religious organizations. Recognized student religious organizations include: Baptist, Baptist Independent, Catholic, Episcopal, Jewish, Mormon, Muslim, Presbyterian, United Methodist and various non-denominational groups.

Social, cultural and educational activities designed to broaden all students’ knowledge of the larger global community and their contributions to society are presented annually by the International Student Affairs Council. For further information, contact the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at (540) 831-5765, or the Department of Student Activities at (540) 831-5332,

Physical and Mental Health Services

Disability Resource Office

The Disability Resource Office (DRO), located on the lower level of Tyler Hall, is a full-service office prepared to meet the needs of students with diverse disabilities. The DRO provides assistance for students with documented disabilities to include: physical, learning, ADD, psychiatric, medical and temporary services (i.e. broken bones, surgeries, extended illness, etc.). Services include reasonable academic accommodations, building accessibility, and assistive technology to equalize the learning process. Other services available are: exam proctoring; teaching time management and self-advocacy skills; training for staff, faculty and students in regards to ADA laws; and teaching the rights and responsibilities of both students and faculty in the accommodation process.

With appropriate documentation, services are available for students with temporary disabilities such as illness, surgery or broken bones. The DRO coordinates services with other departments on campus as well as in the community to ensure a holistic approach to serving students. All students with a documented disability are encouraged to register with the DRO.

The DRO is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, students can check out the DRO website at, e-mail, telephone (540) 831-6350 or video phone 1-866-971-2826.

Health Center

The Student Health Center is located on the ground floor of east Moffett Hall. The center is equipped to provide diagnosis and treatment for most of the common health problems encountered by students. More serious medical situations are referred to a network of local specialists.

Over-the-counter medications and a limited number of pharmaceuticals are available. Emergency medical care is available at the nearby Carilion New River Valley Medical Center. For more information about services, please visit

Students are encouraged to contact the Health Center regarding any special health concerns they bring to the university. Health information is confidential. Students must complete the Radford University Health Immunization Record Form prior to enrollment. Please note that meningitis, tetanus, hepatitis B, and two MMR injections are mandatory and must be included in the immunization record.

The Student Health Center has been accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC) since 1999. All medical staff are licensed by the state of Virginia and all providers are nationally certified.

Student Counseling Services

Student Counseling Services (SCS), located in Tyler Hall, is a place where students can talk privately and confidentially about issues which are of concern to them. Students frequently seek assistance with issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, relationships, lack of motivation and family concerns. Counseling at the SCS is provided by licensed mental health professionals and one doctoral student. Services at the SCS are free to both undergraduate and graduate students at Radford University. SCS operates on a brief-therapy model with limited sessions. Specific services at the SCS include:

  • Counseling: Individual personal counseling is offered for whatever concerns students may have. Groups are also provided dependent upon the need of students during that semester. Couples counseling is also available when indicated. Typical counseling topics include stress, anxiety, depression, sexuality, motivation, homesickness, body image issues, relationships, adjustment issues and other developmental concerns. Counselors can also assist students who need referrals for a medication assessment and can provide brief phone and in-person consultation services.
  • Psychiatric: Evaluations for medication and on-going medication monitoring are provided by the SCS psychiatrist. These services are provided during the fall and spring semesters.
  • Health Education Outreach Programming: SCS has a health educator during the fall and spring semesters to provide presentations on a variety of health related topics to the campus community. Topics include: Stress Management, Women’s Health Issues, Weathering Winter Illnesses, Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention, Eating Disorders, Smoking Cessation and Weight Management and Proper Nutrition.

For an appointment or further information, stop by Tyler Hall or call (540) 831- 5226 for Student Counseling Services.

The Office of Substance Abuse and Sexual Assault Education

The Office of Substance Abuse and Sexual Assault Education is dedicated to increasing knowledge and awareness of substance abuse, sexual assault and other student health issues as well as decreasing the negative consequences associated with high-risk alcohol and other drug use and sexual assault. The Substance Abuse and Sexual Assault Education Office provides the following services:

  • Educational Resources on the topics of Substance Abuse, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence and other student health issues.
  • RU Aware Program: An educational class for the RU Drug and Alcohol policy violators.
  • Counseling for students dealing with issues surrounding sexual and dating violence and/or substance abuse.
  • Advocacy and support for sexual assault victims.
  • Consultations for students, parents, faculty and staff.
  • Presentations and trainings for the Radford University community on substance abuse and sexual assault issues.

Peer Educators: A student group affiliated with the National BACCHUS and GAMMA Peer Education Network dedicated to raising awareness about student health issues. The SASAE office advises and supports RU’s peer educators.

For more information, students can visit the SASAE website at, e-mail or call (540) 831-5709.

Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic

The Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, located in Waldron Hall, provides services for students, faculty and staff. Graduate students majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders provide the services under the direct supervision of faculty members. Hearing evaluations and hearing aid evaluations are available, as are rehabilitation services for the hearing-impaired person. Speech and language evaluations and therapy are provided for persons with articulation, stuttering, voice, language or other communication problems. The services are free for Radford University students, faculty and dependents. Appointments may be made by calling (540) 831-7665 (V/TTY).

Dining Services

Dalton Dining Hall is the main “all you care to eat” style dining hall that offers a wide selection of foods at various stations. Some of the stations include Fresh Grille with burgers, hot sandwiches and fries; Market Carvery with entrees, vegetables and starches; and Menutainment, which is an action station where food is prepared in front of the guests. Other options include a salad bar with composed salads and fresh fruit, made to order sandwiches, house made pizzas, dessert bar and beverage station. There is also a variety of healthy, vegetarian, vegan, sustainable, gluten-free, and sugar-free options made available to students.

The Terrace Shops Food Court located in Dalton Hall features a variety of retail shops including Au Bon Pain, Olo Sushi, Papa John’s and Wendy’s. The options range from soup, sandwiches and baked goods from Au Bon Pain, a wide selection of sushi from Olo Sushi, pizza and pasta from Sbarro, and burgers, fries and frosties from Wendy’s.

The Food Court in Hurlburt Hall has Chick-fil-A, Pinkberry, Salsarita’s, Starbucks and Wild Greens. The options in these locations range from chicken nuggets and sandwiches at Chick-fil-A, frozen yogurt at Pinkberry, fresh-mex food in Salsarita’s, coffee and espresso in Starbucks and custom built salads in Wild Greens.

Au Bon Pain Café, located in McConnell Library, features gourmet coffee, espresso drinks, soups and a wide selection of sandwiches and salads.

The New River Grille House on the lower level of Muse Hall features two different concepts. Lunch is an “all you care to eat” buffet with expanded service offering entrees, vegetables, starches, soup, salad bar, and dessert. Dinner features an upscale full-service retail restaurant and gives the guest a choice of salad bar or soup, choice of one gourmet entrée and choice of dessert.

All dining locations on campus accept cash, food dollars, flex dollars, debit and credit cards and RU Express. To learn more about RU Dining Services, visit the website at

Special Diets

Students sometimes have special dietary needs. To accommodate these students, a staff of dining professionals is always available to assist them. Any eating disorder, weight gain/loss concerns or special diet requirements can be discussed in confidence. To make an appointment, call (540) 831-7660.

Meal Plans for Off-Campus Students

Meal plans available to the off-campus student include 90 or 65 meals per semester, Flex Plan, Flex Plan Jr., or 15 or 19 meals per week. Each plan entitles the diner to a number of meals per week and several include Food Dollars, which can be used in all dining locations on campus. Payment plan options are available for all off-campus meal plans through the RU Express Office in Heth Hall. Visit the RU Express website to learn more about the off-campus meal plan options:

Technology Services

Division of Information Technology

The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) consists of Information Technology Infrastructure, Enterprise Systems, Technology Support Services, IT Project Management, Printing Services, Vending Services, RU Express, Telephone Services, Web Communications, Radio, TV, and Information Security. DoIT is committed to providing a secure, highlyreliable technology infrastructure along with high-quality, customer-oriented services and support to meet the ever changing needs of students, faculty and staff at Radford University. DoIT provides comprehensive computer and information technology support for the university and offers students, faculty and staff access to a wide variety of computer, network and Internet resources.

Computer Accounts for Accessing Radford University Technology Resources

Access to Radford University technology resources requires a university-issued account. All Radford University students receive an account while enrolled at the university. This account provides access to campus computers, email, MyRU, class registration and many other systems and resources from the MyRU Portal:

Campus Network and Internet Connections

Radford University provides ubiquitous high-speed Internet and campus network connectivity throughout the campus. WiFi (802.11) access is available in classrooms, administrative buildings, dining facilities and residence halls. In addition to WiFi, all residence hall rooms are equipped with two Ethernet connections and a Cable TV connection.

Access to the full range of Radford University network services requires the use of a VPN connection: (

Computing Standards Purchases

The Radford University Bookstore offers discounted pricing for PC and Mac computers. In addition to hardware, Radford University has agreements in place to provide students with access to Microsoft Office and Anti-Virus software. Complete information on hardware recommendations and available software can be found on the DoIt website.

Technology Support Services

Technology Support Services (TSS) provides one-stop support for students, faculty and staff. TSS offers phone-in and walk-in computer help desk services, repair for university-supported computer equipment, technology training and computer lab and classroom facilities. More information, including help desk hours and training offerings, is available on the Technology Support Services section of the DoIT website.

Walker Technology Center

The Walker Technology Center is a general-purpose computer lab facility available for use by all students, faculty and staff. This center, located on the second floor of Walker Hall, has more than 100 PC and Mac workstations offering access to a wide variety of software and resources. Network printers are available for students in this area. Students receive an initial free allotment of pages each year. After this allotment is used, printouts are paid for using the available balance on an RU Express card.

McConnell Library

John Preston McConnell Library is named for the first president of Radford University. The library supports and enhances the university’s academic programs by providing access to collections and instructional services for students and faculty. The library’s professional faculty and staff serve as a link between users and library resources and work to anticipate needs, provide state-of-the-art technologies and solicit feedback, which is integrated into McConnell’s user-centered services.


McConnell Library contains a growing collection of more than 500,000 print and electronic resources, including books, periodicals, newspapers, online databases, CD-ROMs, DVDs, microforms, videotapes and other media. More than 30 librarians and staff provide a variety of services, including reference assistance, instruction, outreach and access to and lending of materials.

University Archives and Special Collections are located on the fifth level and hold historical university records, including Board of Visitors’ documents and university-sponsored publications. Special collections include Virginia Iron Coal and Coke Company records, the personal library of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Arthur J. Goldberg and the Keystone Glass Slide Collection.

The library’s website at is the gateway to a wide variety of online databases, full-text journals, e-books, poetry, music and other materials, including the resources provided by the Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA). The website links to the library catalog of books, media and electronic resources.

Equipment, such as Flip cams and audio recorders, is available at the Front Desk. Non-print items, including DVDs, CDs, as well as playback and viewing equipment, are located on Level 4.

Materials not owned by the library can be borrowed, free of charge, through Interlibrary Loan. Requests can be submitted through the ILLiad system at; many articles are delivered electronically via e-mail.


Library materials can be checked out at the Front Desk, which is on Level 3 near the entrance to the building. The Radford University I.D. card serves as the library card and must be presented in order to check out library materials. For more information on lending policies, see Anyone needing help using the library or with library questions is encouraged to stop by the Front Desk, email, call (540) 831-5364, text 5402680155; or send an IM via

Reference and Research Assistance

The Reference/Instruction Services Department, located on Level 3, offers a wide range of resources and services, including individualized research assistance, and course-related instruction. Reference works and other general and specialized research tools are available for use.

Two multimedia classrooms, A and B, are available for group library instructor. The George M. Harvey, Sr. Health Information Resource Center on Level 4 provides information resources, computers and group study space. Anyone needing help with library research is encouraged to ask for assistance at the Reference Desk, send an e-mail message to, call (540) 831-5696, text 5403070144, or send an IM via

Computers, Printing, Scanning and Photocopying

There are 100 public computers available in the library; most are located in the Reference area on Level 3 and the Harvey Center on Level 4 with additional workstations on every level. The two classrooms, A and B, serve as open computer labs when no library instruction classes are scheduled. Public scanners are located in the Reference area. Radford students, faculty and staff are provided a printing allotment; after the allotment is used, printing can be paid for directly with RU Express. A photocopier is located on Level 3 and operates with coins or an RU I.D. card.

Special Services

The online catalog allows users to manage their accounts, renew and request materials, and view electronic course reserves. McConnell Library is wheelchair-accessible and offers services to students with disabilities, including reading machines, text enlargers, and personal assistance in locating and retrieving library materials. Contact the Front Desk for assistance. Locking carrels are available for use by graduate and honors students engaged in research projects and may be reserved through the Library Administrative Office on Level 3. A Graduate Study Lounge equipped with computers and a printer is located on Level 5. Six group study rooms for student use are located on Level 2. Level 5 is maintained as a quiet study space. Au Bon Pain on Level 3 features gourmet coffee, sweets, soups and sandwiches.

More information

Students should visit the website to familiarize themselves with the information resources, facilities and services available.

Other Services

Hurlburt Hall Information and Event Planning Office

Located on the main floor of Hurlburt Hall nicknamed “The Bonnie” in honor of former Dean of Students Bonnie Hurlburt, the Information and Event Planning Office is staffed by a manager and student assistants who can answer a variety of questions regarding student programming and reservations. These questions include scheduling organized activities in public, non-academic spaces on campus, entering them on the campus-wide student calendar, selling tickets for events sponsored by student organizations and all-campus programming groups and a lost and found. For additional assistance call (540) 831-5420.

I.D. Cards

Students must present I.D. cards to use certain campus facilities and services. I.D. card photographs are taken at orientation and at registration.

If a university I.D. card is lost or stolen, the student must contact the ID/RU Express Card Office (540) 831-5054 in Heth Hall for a replacement. The replacement fee of $15 is payable at the time the photograph is taken. If a university I.D. card is lost or stolen after 5 p.m. or during the weekend, the student must contact Campus Police at (540) 831-5500 to invalidate the I.D. card. Only the ID/RU Express Office may revalidate a university I.D. card. Lost I.D. cards may be deactivated 24 hours a day by visiting the RU Express website at

RU Express Card

Students may use their university I.D. card as a debit card (the RU Express card) by making an initial deposit of at least $25 in their card’s account. Purchases made with the card are limited to the card’s current balance, which can be increased by additional deposits and which declines with each purchase made with the card. The current balance is displayed after each transaction.

The RU Express card offers several types of accounts: Any meal plan account, the Food Dollars account, the Food Dollars Plus account and the RU Express account. The latter enables students to make purchases at a wide variety of campus locations, including the bookstore, food court, and vending and laundry machines and at a number of off-campus businesses. More information is available by contacting the I.D./RU Express Office at, stopping by the office in Heth Hall (P.O. Box 6992) or visiting the RU Express website at

Vending Services

Drink and snack machine refunds are available at the Hurlburt Hall Information and Event Planning Office, the Residence Life Office in the basement of Tyler Hall and the Dedmon Center main entrance. To report a malfunctioning machine, call (540) 831-6267 with the machine location and the nature of the problem.

Lost and Found

A lost and found service is provided at the Information and Event Planning Office on the main floor of Hurlburt Hall. For additional assistance, call (540) 831-5420.

Post Office

A U.S. Post Office is located in Dalton Hall. Boarding students receive mail in boxes provided at this location.